Cleaner's Corner

Saturday, January 07, 2006

That's me cycling again on Monday - my scooter has been returned to the garage to get a duff battery replaced. That involved a 30-mile ride to Kirkcaldy on a cold winter's day. Going over the Forth Road Bridge was not fun on a day like today. Fortunately there was no crosswind, but I still felt like the proverbial brass monkey. I was shivering by the time I reached Kirkcaldy. (And I had a tee-shirt, a jumper and a US Army winter jacket on.)

I returned to Edinburgh just about in time for dinner so I left the shopping I meant to do. A quick call to the local take-out place and a 40-minute wait later I had a steak pie supper (proper chips, not those anemic pieces of deep fried potatoes that Micky Ds make) while watching TV. I still had to go for the shopping, so went up to Asda (the local Wall-Mart affiliate) after watching Sea of Souls. I got home about 23:30 and started blogging.

3 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sherry Allyn Norman said...

"..proper chips, not those anemic pieces of deep fried potatoes that Micky Ds make.."

Oh, hah!

Only thing better is homemade home fries.

Sherry
Sherry's Blog

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Got my scooter back on Tuesday - it turned out to be a blown fuse. Most expensive fuse I've ever bought - the repair was free (under guarantee) but I paid £5.00 for petrol and a further £9 for two train tickets. Further repairs will be at a local (Edinburgh) garage.

And coming back across the Bridge was a bit hairier - a crosswind was building and I only had my unifoirm tee-shirt and the coat on. Frozen again.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Allyn Norman said...

But look how lucky you are, Andrew.

Your fingers thawed enough to type all these letters.

Sherry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home